Tuesday, July 14, 2009

KIP (Knitting in Public for the newbies)

A Knitting in Public story - I was waiting for my friend to meet me before the Barry Manilow concert last week. I told her to meet me in the hotel bar across the street from the venue. I, of course, brought my knitting. I was standing (it was packed) near the bar with a drink and a baby blanket and circs in my hand...one girl looked at me and almost fell over - she said that she had never seen anyone knit in a bar....

There is a first time for everything....

I will be taking my February lady sweater on circs to Dave and Busters tonight while I wait for my college roommate and her daughter :)

Liz in the 'burgh

1 comment:

YowlYY said...

LOL! The last KIP I did was two weeks ago at Manchester Airport...I brought there my friend who was leaving after a 3 weeks stay with us (she was escaping from the torrid heat of Italy to knit at more "suitable" temperatures), and while she was queuing to check in, I was standing aside working with my Grade on circs, for at least 20 min. Several people looked at me, but no one said a word!